Frequently Asked Questions
- We treat traditional psychological problems such as anxiety and depressive disorders.
- We also treat problems with cognition including attention problems, memory problems, TBI’s, strokes, ADHD, and dementia.
- And we treat physical disorders that are aggravated or caused by stress – such as palpitations, IBS, hypertension, cold hands, and feet, headaches.
- Under HIPPA we only release your records with your written consent unless there is reason to believe you will seriously harm yourself or someone else.
- But, if you use your insurer, your insurer can request your records at any time.
- If you are involved in a legal case (i.e divorce) the court may subpoena your records if you use your insurance and make it known you are seeking help. For complete confidentiality we recommend that you elect self-pay coaching.
- Dr. Crum is our clinical director and neuropsychologist
- Dr. Bobe is our adult psychologist. She is bilingual in English and Spanish.
- DR. Pathak is joining us in July and will be our adult psychiatrist specializing in TMS mapping
- Ms. Tish is a Master’s Level Licensed Mental Health Counselor Intern specializing in adolescents and substance abuse
- Ms. Alexander. MS is our art therapy facilitator
- Mr. Nutter and Ms. Gonzalez are our biofeedback and neurofeedback technicians
- Mr. Bryan Robbins, B.S., is our psychometrician
- Ms. Reff and Pruitt are our relaxation trainer who provides chair massage, transcranial electrotherapy, and infrared light therapy all free of charge
- It is important for the continuity of your care and to foster progress that you attend regularly.
- Your sessions are reserved exclusively for you, and as we do not double book, we do require 48 hours’ advance notice of cancellation or reschedule.
- If a transportation problem or other issue arises you may keep your appointment by phone, teletherapy, or online therapy. Otherwise, you will be charged a $150 cancellation fee for cancellation with less than 48 hours’ notice.
Our check-in technician will collect your deductible and copayment each session, so you will only owe a balance if your insurance denies or does not cover a service. In this case, you will receive a statement and will be expected to make the payment at that time. You may pay by credit card, check, or cash.